Kelly Ann Doll Q & A
We have a rough and tumble with Kelly Ann Doll over the finer aspects of being a burlesque wrestler and what it takes to tackle the competition. She'll be performing at La Lucha Glamourosa on Friday 1st April.
1. Tell us about your mexican wrestling name. What does it mean and how did you come up with it?
Oh it didnt take me long.. it's not the most glamourous. I am "La Cucaracha": the cockroach. I'm fast .. and I'll have them running scared! (Plus, I always seem to have that song in my head.)
2. You're usually a solo burlesque performer, what's it like collaborating with another performer? How difficult is it considering mexican wrestling is so demanding physically?
I'm actually really excited, I've been working out! Seriously though, I actually prefer dancing with a partner. I did it for years in competition, and it does kinda get lonely dancing solo. But when you team up, it's a whole new world. I'm looking forward to putting Ms. Siren in a little bit of a spin! But I'm sure she has some dirty moves of her own! So I can't let my guard down.. she's a devil in disguise..
3. What's your fighting style? What can audiences expect to see from you at La Lucha Glamourosa?
We gonna be groovin', flippin', wrestlin' and fightin' in style.. no shorties will be harmed I promise, but egos sorely bruised. Siren and I are masters at our art and she's a funny little thing, it's gonna be a fabulous showdown.
4. If you had to put money on another burlesque wrestler in the ring, who would it be and why?
Oooo.. to be honest my money was on Lilikoi.. but now that I'm filling her beautiful shoes, I guess my money is on me, Lilikoi would want it that way. She eats glass man! I cant let her down!
5. Any last words to share with your luchador opponent?
.. Eat my sparkles Strawberry!
Catch Kelly Ann along with the rest of the gang at La Lucha Glamourosa. Tickets still available at www.redbennies.com