Mr. Bennies chats to Betty Blood about her upcoming show at La Lucha Glamourosa!
1. Tell us about your mexican wrestling name. What does it mean and how did you come up with it?
"La Ojo Del Tigre" - which means Eye of The Tiger. I came up with the name one steamy Margarita fueled evening as I pondered the thrill of the fight and the prospect of rising up to the challenge of our rivals....
2. You're usually a solo burlesque performer, what's it like collaborating with another performer? How difficult is it considering mexican wrestling is so demanding physically?
Collaboration is heaps of fun! While wrestling rehearsals have indeed become quite a workout, It's nice to be able to have a laugh with someone when you fall over or make a tit out of yourself in the practice ring.
3. What's your fighting style? What can audiences expect to see from you at La Lucha Glamourosa?
Fighting style? Dirty! Audiences can expect to see me win!!...By any means necessary...
4. If you had to put money on another burlesque wrestler in the ring, who would it be and why?
Miss Nic aka Enchillada Redback. We've seen her chew on a pigs heart at Gorelesque 2, there are few performers as fierce as she.
5. Any last words to share with your luchador opponent?
Be afraid....be very afraid!!!
La Lucha Glamourosa is on Friday 1st April. Tickets available from www.redbennies.com